FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bryn & Bocelli on Royal Variety Perf.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Bryn & Bocelli on Royal Variety Perf. Reply with quote

Having eagerly awaited this performance, on seeing it I feel a little ambivalent towards it. It was a little strange to hear Bryn sing the national anthem [I'm sure he would rather have sung the Welsh national anthem, as it was in Cardiff] however, as it was in the presence of the Queen I suppose it was fitting. However, after having sat through 2 hours of some mediocre and some downright 2nd rate stuff to wait for Bryn & Andrea's Pearl Fishers duet, my friend and I were very disappointed. She wasn't with me but 'phoned immediately afterwards as I knew she would, to express disappointment in the very truncated version. As this was the only item sung by these two great artists, at least they could have allowed them to sing the complete duet, as we are used to hearing in both live and recorded versions. We felt cheated, especially as so much time was alloted to Shirley Bassey. Also, what possessed Katherine Jenkins to sing such an awful song, with those silly Blue Men?
What does anyone else think? Pat Jones [stokie]
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat and everyone
I do so agree with you. We don't usually watch the R. V. S. finding it mundane and boring, but this year was going to be different with Bryn taking part. We were so disappointed that there was very little of him, having awaited it so eagerly. I too thought that he would sing the Welsh National Anthem. We felt that the Katherine Jenkins performance was awful - we could hardly hear her for the drumming and antics of the Blue Men - and wearing what to me was such a revolting outfit when we are so used to seeing her in such glamourous gowns. The green one she wore in the finale and presentation to the Queen afterwards was much more in the style we associate with her - but we only saw a fleeting glimpse (as we did of Bryn).
Does anyone else agree?
Regards and best wishes
Gillian Confused
Ter1408
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thanked the Good Lord for being able to record the whole boring show and being able to fast forward!!!

I thought Bryn's wonderful talent was blown away. Surely everyone has seen or heard The Pearl Fishers Duet with Bocelli by now.
I am sure a solo by each would have shown their individual musical abilities more. Oh well, they really must consult us next year must they not ladies!!!!
Vera
Hold in your memory the smile of a friend
And hold in your heart a wish for tomorrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Performances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: