FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tosca Summer 2006 Covent Garden

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1384
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Tosca Summer 2006 Covent Garden Reply with quote

Dates for the diary. Have seen the dates in the ROH magazine. Bryn is singing Scarpia on:-

16, 20, 23 26 June & 1st July.

There's also a dress rehersal on Saturday, 10th June at 11am. Very Happy

Anne
sioned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anne! Will have to book tickets!!! Do you know of anyone who has spare tickets for the Flying Dutchman in the Millenium centre, Cardiff? We saw him last night in "Bryn at Christmas" and he was outstanding!
Sioned
TER1384
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sioned, I believe the Flying Dutchman is a sell out but there could be returns. As for Tosca I think the tickets go on public sale in March. I don't know if Marilyn will be able to get an allocation. Any ideas Marilyn?

Anne
sioned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Anne! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: "TOSCA" Reply with quote

If you join the Friends of ROH you can book on-line from 20th January 2006 onwards. There is also a special Gala Performance on June 13th. but this is limited and quite expensive. Smile
sioned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll look in to that! Thank you ever so much! Very Happy
Sioned
TER1384
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: friends ROH Reply with quote

Yes, I think it's well worth the money to join the friends as you can apply for onr ticket to the dress rehersal for 10 and it's on a Saturday!

Anne Laughing
TER1274
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't count on getting dress rehearsal tickets as a Friend of the ROH. It is a ballot for tickets and well over subscribed and the ballot has already been open for some time. I didn't manage to get allocated one for Walkure. I finally got to see it thanks to a friend of mine who gave me her ticket when she couldn't make it to London. There are two casts for this production of Tosca- is it definitely Bryn singing in the rehearsal on the 10th?
The same appies to the ticket allocation as a Friend. I have always been successful in my ticket purchases but know of many people who have not been so lucky. It helps if you are prepared to pay the top price as it is the ampitheatre tickets that sell out very quickly but if you are prepared to pay up to the top price for a seat you will probably have no problem getting tickets if you go on line at 10am on March 7th when the public booking opens. In my opinion it is really only worth having membership if you will use it to book for several productions over the peroid of membership.

Helen
TER1274
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't count on getting dress rehearsal tickets as a Friend of the ROH. It is a ballot for tickets and well over subscribed and the ballot has already been open for some time. I didn't manage to get allocated one for Walkure. I finally got to see it thanks to a friend of mine who gave me her ticket when she couldn't make it to London. There are two casts for this production of Tosca- is it definitely Bryn singing in the rehearsal on the 10th?
The same appies to the ticket allocation as a Friend. I have always been successful in my ticket purchases but know of many people who have not been so lucky. It helps if you are prepared to pay the top price as it is the ampitheatre tickets that sell out very quickly but if you are prepared to pay up to the top price for a seat you will probably have no problem getting tickets if you go on line at 10am on March 7th when the public booking opens. In my opinion it is really only worth having membership if you will use it to book for several productions over the peroid of membership.

Helen
TER1384
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Yes, it doesn't say in the programme that Bryn will sing in the rehersal but I have put my name forward for the ballot anyway as it's still open until January. I think if I am allocated tickets I will still go as I haven't seen Tosca live for about 18 years!

I'm not sure about applying for the top price tickets as they're 180 each! I would have to go on my own at those prices.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Anne Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: