FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham March 14th

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Birmingham March 14th Reply with quote

I am heading for Birmingham for the March 14th performance and am looking forward to meeting other members. If there is a group meeting point at the theatre before the show, I'd love to know about it and join in!

Also, I am going to book accomodation for the Tuesday night and have got the Hippodromes list of preferred hotels (thanks, Marilyn!). I think the Hyatt Regency is a little outside my budget but if anyone is staying at any of the others on the list do let me know. I am hoping to book somewhere in the next week or so. Any recommendations welcomed!

Irene
TER1272

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we went to Bryn's Christmas concert in Birmingham, we stayed at the Premier Travel Inn (Canal Side) on Bridge Street. It was just round the corner from the Hyatt Hotel but considerably cheaper. It had a very pleasant restaurant by the canal and free on-site parking. Very close to a taxi rank as well. Would recommend it, not least because it was so easy to find!

Vron
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Irene
We are going to the Hippodrome on 14th March and would love to meet up with you as we did with other Terfeliaid members on 1st December at the Symphony Hall. However I don't know the Hippodrome at all. or where a suitable place is where we could meet up. On Dec. 1st at the Symphony Hall we met at the CD stand but when we arrived I saw the Terfeliaid Stall and went and introduced myself to Marilyn. Then she pointed the others in our direction!!
We are staying at the Ibis Hotel and travelling by Virgin trains from Stoke at 10.39 that morning. I don't know how the price at the Ibis compares with those you have been quoted or where Vron suggests.
Regards
Gillian Laughing Laughing
TER1360
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Irene and Gillian,
My husband and I are going to the Hippodrome on March 14th so would also enjoy meeting up with you. It was me that suggested meeting up at the CD stall at Symphony Hall and then never managed to meet anyone as we were held up in traffic getting into the city centre. I hope things might be a bit better this time. A good place to meet would be at the foot of the stairs leading up to the bar (on the other side from the lift). This is convenient for those sitting in the stalls or the circle. Just walk straight past the box office and you'll see the stairs straight in front of you. Flying Dutchman is usually performed without an interval so we would definitely need to meet up beforehand.

Irene, I think the Ibis is probably cheaper than the Hyatt and is also a lot more convenient because it's only just down the road from the Hippodrome, less than 5 minutes walk. You don't even need to cross the road to get there.

Anne
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anne
Thanks for your reply. Look forward to meeting you (and your husband , and Irene and any other Terfeliaid members!) at the foot of the stairs on the 14th March. Can't wait. We can decide when a bit nearer the time.
Sorry to have missed you last time!!
Regards
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, folks!

Gillian, I was already thinking of booking into the Ibis. Marilyn mentioned it and one of my colleagues at work has stayed there and said it is really handy for the theatre and close to New St station. So, with the further endorsements from you and Anne, Iíve now booked. I expect to arrive late a.m. Perhaps we could meet up for lunch? I will e-mail you with my mobile number so we can keep in touch on the day, if you like.

Thanks for the suggested meeting place, Anne. I was going to suggest we all meet for pre-performance drink, but if it is going to be a non-interval performance, maybe it would be best to limit the liquids till afterwards!!

Canít wait Ė getting really excited at the prospect of seeing Bryn live in an opera for the first time. Seen him many times but always in concert. Only seen him in opera on tv or DVD.

See you all soon
Irene
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Irene
It's a great idea to meet up for lunch on March 14th. If you email your mobile number as you said then we can keep in touch and I can give you Ivan's. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bryn again - the Concert on the 1st December at the Symphony Hall was our first 'live' Bryn experience - and I can't wait to see (and hear!!) him in The Flying Dutchman, and to meet Anne and her husband who we missed in December.
Regards
TER1360
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Irene and Gillian (and anyone else going to Dutchman on March 14th),

I was wondering if you would like to meet up for a meal before the performance where we would all have a chance to chat to each other more. There are a couple of good restaurants convenient for the Hippodrome and I could book a table if you are interested.
There is The Green Room, which is directly opposite the front of the Hippodrome and Fonteyn's, which is just up from the stage door.

http://www.greenroomcafebar.co.uk/

http://www.fonteyns.co.uk/index.htm

Have a look and let me know what you think.
My email address is
anne.upton@blueyonder.co.uk
Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Travel & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: