FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheffield Concert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Sheffield Concert Reply with quote

Don't know how many members are going to the Gala Concert in Sheffield but is there going to be a meeting time / place before the concert? Myself and a couple of others are staying at the Grosvenor House Hotel which was recommended by my neighbour who is a Sheffield girl and who assures me it is only a couple of minutes walk from City Hall. I daresay we will be having a snifter in the bar before we leave for the theatre (and maybe another one or two after!) so if anyone else wants to join us it would be good.

Irene
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hi, I'm going down to the Sheffield concert from Stoke-on-Trent. Can't afford the Grosvenor as I'm on my own, so I'm staying out of town, in the Hillsborough area. I would like to meet up with any members at a suggested time and place, perhaps the theatre bar. I will be coming back into town early, for a meal before the concert. I'll be in the bar about 6.45pm and I'll be wearing a plum coloured denim jacket with a "Harry Potter [Hogwarts] badge. The only thing I can think of that will stand out!
My name is Pat Jones and I joined Terfeliaid about the same time as yourself. Hope to see you there Regards Pat [Stokie]
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I should spot you in that! I haven't decided what I am wearing yet but I've got shoulder length red/blond hair. (yes, I know that sounds vague, but I'm going to the hairdressers a couple of days before the concert and I never know which of the two colours will be most dominent! Depends on my mood on the day!) I am going alone, too, but I just like to treat myself to the nearest possible hotel when I go to see Bryn. It's my one indulgence!

I will be meeting up with Alison and Derek who are also staying at the Grosvenor House so we could meet you in the theatre bar as suggested, or you could meet us in the hotel bar. Its only a couple of minutes walk from the theatre. Whichever we do, I look forward to meeting you!

Irene
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Hi Irene, thanks for your prompt reply. I will meet you in the Hotel bar if that's okay. It will probably be less crowded. Same time approx 6.45pm.
Looking forward to meeting you. I missed Bryn's concert in Birmingham that I had booked in December as my local bus service let me down, again, and I missed the coach, so I am really looking forward to this one.
Only two weeks to go! Regards Pat.
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds fine but it may be a good idea to e.mail me your mobile phone number in case there is any change to that on the day. I'll be off work for a day or two before and may not be able to get near a computer to check the website (no computer at home).

Irene
crib1889
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hello Pat & Irene

I'm also going to Bryn's Sheffield concert with my wife & father-in-law. Marilyn also tells me that she may be there. I'll look out for you in the bar, although its unlikely we'll be there before 7.00pm due to prior commitments. In any event, I look forward to meeting you and hope that you have a pleasant stay in Sheffield
Cheers
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more the merrier, Andrew! I assume that all the tickets bought through Terfeliaid will be in one block so, if we all got our tickets that way, we'll find each other inside if not before.

Looking forward to it!

Irene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Travel & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: