FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bryn's concert in Beaver Creek, Colorado

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Bryn's concert in Beaver Creek, Colorado Reply with quote

Hi,

Anyone planning to go to Bryn's concert in Beaver Creek, Colorado on February 18? Wish I could go! A beautiful place in Colorado!

http://vailcolorado.antlersvail.com/Vail-CO/Events/Vilar-Performing-Arts-Center/Opera-Superstar-Bryn-Terfel-A-Gala-Concert/9457/

Phyllis Very Happy
TER1291
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President's weekend everything in CO is booked at this late date. Wish I were going too as I have a 4 day weekend.
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The program for the Vilar recital.

https://vilarpac.org/Online/default.asp?doWork::WScontent::loadArticle=Load&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::name=W11-12-classical-bryn-terfel

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c14671552ca5bc0e11d5be64b&id=c47e328f53
TER1291
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I really wish I could be there!
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What a wonderful program!! Some of my very favorites that Bryn sings!

Phyllis Smile
olga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going. If anyone else is, shoot me a message - I'd love to meet other Clwb members in person.

Olga
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Bryn at Beaver Creek Reply with quote

Hi, Olga,

I so envy your going to Bryn's concert at Beaver Creek!

I hope that you get to say "hello" to Bryn back stage after his concert!

Phyllis Smile
olga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phyllis,

I'll sure pass it on if I get a chance Smile

Olga
olga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Phyllis – I didn’t get a chance to pass on your hello, but the concert was great and very-very entertaining. Bryn started with Some Enchanted Evening and went on to mention that he probably shot himself in the foot as the evening now had to be enchanted. And boy was it indeed!

The program was as announced followed by two encores, The Gas Man Cometh and The Big Brown Bear. Bryn said he couldn’t do another encore as he was told to keep it to 70 minutes (no intermission) Smile There was a lot of sing-along (and whistling back after Mefistofele) and quite a bit of Bryn acting out the songs (Die Forelle, Molly Malone, It Ain’t Necessarily So, The Green Eyed Dragon, both encores, and of course walking up to the ladies in the audience during Deh Vieni alla Finestra, with one lucky lady in the first row getting the rose).

The one song I’ve never heard Bryn singing before was Malotte’s Lord’s Prayer. It struck me as sublime and very heartfelt. Incredibly beautiful rendition.

The accompanist was Natalia Katyukova, who did a very nice job. She was mentioned nowhere in the program, so Bryn had to announce her separately sometime during the performance. Overall, it was a very relaxed, lighthearted, and indeed an enchanted evening.

Olga
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Bryn's concert in Beaver Creek, Colorado Reply with quote

Hi, Olga,

Thanks for letting us know about Bryn's concert. It sounds wonderful and a lot of fun! Bryn loves to entertain and I have been at his concerts when he went out into the audience and sang Deh Vieni alla Finestra...knelt down in front of some lucky women when he sang. So great that you were at the concert!

I actually wanted you to say "hello" to Bryn for yourself. I hope that sometime you get to meet him. He is a lovely man!

Phyllis Very Happy
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Olga,

What a wonderful programme and evening! Very Happy I have heard Bryn sing most of these songs at the many Concerts and Recitals Ivan and I have attended over the last few years - including 'Deh! Vieni alla Finestra' at the Hay-on-Wye Concert in June 2007 (my review of which is in the 2007 News Archive) when we were sitting in the middle of the second row, and the rose was given to the lady sitting in front of Ivan! I was quite jealous!! However, we have never heard him sing 'The Gas Man Cometh' although we have heard it on CDs and seen it on DVD! I do hope to hear him sing it at a Concert or Recital in the future!!! Laughing

Regards,
Gillian Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: