FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falstaff at Birmingham

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Falstaff at Birmingham Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes First of all I would like to say how much I enjoyed Bryn's performance as Falstaff, his voice [and his personality] totally filled the arena. My only criticism of the production was, that the set, good as it was, necessitated so many changes which took up so much time that the overall performance ran about 20 mins late. These changes really broke the continuity of the production. In my case, as I had a coach to catch at 10.30, it meant that I had to miss the finale. When I went to Flying Dutchman at the same venue 2 years ago, although it had approximately the same running time, I made my transport with no trouble as the set was minimal and required only changing the positions of large screens. I would be interested to hear what other members thought of this set problem, and whether it applied to any other venues.
Daphne
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pleased that you made the bus ok but it was a shame that you had to miss the end. It was 10.30 when it finally finished.
I too thought that the set changes really hindered the flow of the story. Was it just problems with the set?
Good news is that it will be on DVD so we can watch it whenever we like!
Best wishes
Daphne Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Performances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: