FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Bryn "convert" in Toronto!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: A Bryn "convert" in Toronto! Reply with quote

Hi!

I have a friend in Toronto. She was not able to go to Bryn's recital, but one of her friends went.

Here is my friend's email about her friend who went to Bryn's recital. Smile

Hi Phyllis! I finally heard from my gf. She would have called me earlier if she knew you were waiting for her reaction:-)

Well, she's not a big opera fan like you and only went to the recital because she heard so much about Bryn from her friends (and me:-) So imagine her surprise when she was totally blown away by his performance. I said: "I told you so". She was sitting fairly up front and of course Bryn looked at her several times and she felt like he was singing just for her. And her friends said the same thing - they were all very much impressed and many had goosebumps during his performance (there were 4 of them that went together).

Unfortunately she didn't know the names to some of the songs, but she recognized the melody (I told you she's not an opera fan:-) But she thoroughly enjoyed the sing-along - humming mostly because she didn't know the words. I guess the biggest compliment is that she would go to his concert or recital again in a heart beat if and when he comes to Toronto again.

I guess you can count her as another convert, she was totally entranced by Bryn's performance. She mentioned that there was a young girl of about 9 or 10 years sitting in front of her and she was watching her and said she was surprised about how much the girl was into it and how she seemed to know everything Bryn was singing. She noticed on the way out how many young people were actually at the concert - she said that's a good sign:-)

Anyway, she kept repeating how glad she was that she went and thanked me for 'making' her go - ha ha ha. So this is not a professional review, but just the reaction of a very happy and appreciative new Bryn fan;-)
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phyllis
Another super, non-professional review! Laughing Lovely to hear that so many young people were appreciating Bryn!
Regards
Gillian Laughing
Ter1408
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Phyllis. Your friend has excellent taste of course but I defy ANYONE who likes good music NOT to LOVE Bryn.
As I have said many times before on here, I am 83 and I have never heard such a good bass/baritone in my life.
Vera
Hold in your memory the smile of a friend
And hold in your heart a wish for tomorrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: