FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bryn exploring Snowdonia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Bryn exploring Snowdonia Reply with quote

Sun 31 May 2009 19:00 BBC Two (Wales, Wales (Analogue) only).

"Bryn Terfel turns local traveller and explores the glories of his native Snowdonia. He starts his journey on his parents' farm in Pantglas, visits Caernarfon, the town of his youth, takes the helm for the treacherous crossing to Bardsey Island, travels to the eccentric Italiante village of Portmeirion and plummets to the depths of Blaenau Ffestiniog's slate mines, all a stone's throw from where he grew up.

Bryn can't resist a familiar song or two on the way and finally fulfils his long-held ambition of climbing Snowdon and getting a grand piano to the summit!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k9b4r
TER1274
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was enjoying watching this programme having set my DVD recorder as I was out last night, only to get Bryn cut off in his prime! It was obviously a longer programme than the 30 min length it qouted in the programme info. on the BBC website. I'll watch it in BBC i-player, but really wanted a copy of it to keep. Did anyone record it and have the ability to copy it for me?

Helen x
Ter1401
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also disappointed when my recording failed. Everything was set and the Digibox was on - and then there was a power cut while I was out and the Digibox went off!!! All I got on my DVD was an hour of fuzzy black screen. Not quite the same as Bryn . . .

I haven't been able to find out if BBC are planning to repeat the programme, but I do hope so. Watching it on i-Player has just confirmed that it is a programme that I will want to keep and watch again and again in the future.

If anybody did make a successful recording and would be able to make me a copy I would be over the moon, and would obviously pay all costs.

In the meantime I will continue to glare furiously at my Digibox . . .

Marion Evil or Very Mad
TER1384
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this programme and it was fantastic! So sorry that you were not able to receive it. Hoping it will be repeated sometime! Anne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: