FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tosca Royal Opera House Covent Garden. 14.7.2011

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marilyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Tosca Royal Opera House Covent Garden. 14.7.2011 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Thought it might be na idea to get this section going again so this is my Tosca experience.

I was lucky enough to get a ticket at the last moment about 3.30pm yesterday as were a number of other dedicated fans who queued for returns yesterday afternoon. There was an air of excitement and expectation around the box office especially if someone said they had a ticket for sale. But it was all very organised and went to the first in line, as I clutched my very precious ticket row B in the amphitheatre.

What an honour and a privilege it was to be in the Royal Opera House last night. To see and hear these world class singers up their game to a level beyond belief. The singing was just stunning and the orchestra conducted by Antonio Pappano was truly beautiful. I always think that Bryn cannot get any better then he just does and last night he just went for it, much to the audiences delight. Jonas Kaufmann was on top form, I came very close to being won over by the tenor. Angela Gheorghiu’s portrayal of Tosca has changed a lot since this production’s first night in 2006. I have seen the production six times but last night was something really special.

What a treat it will be for all Opera Fans when the recording is released. It was a performance that everyone should be allowed to enjoy. The applause and the appreciation at the end of each Act, was just incredible. As I sat very hot and in very close contact with my neighbours, I slowly returned to reality after being taken on such a special journey. I just didn’t want it to end and dreamed of the possibility of shouting more, stamping my feet and the whole Opera starting all over again, but alas it was only a dream. What a night, what an experience one I shall never forget. Thank you Angela, Bryn, Jonas and all the cast and the orchestra for such a memorable evening ,which will be difficult to repeat.

Where there any other members there. Post your views.

Marilyn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Performances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: