FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Orquestra Gulbenkian

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Orquestra Gulbenkian Reply with quote

News from Portugal and Spain.

LISBON

https://gulbenkian.pt/musica/evento/bryn-terfel/

Google Translate:

4 April 2018 21:00.

From 26 to 30 June, only the sale of subscriptions is available. The purchase of online tickets will be available from July 28th.

Having affirmed from the outset a strong presence on stage, in representations such as Falstaff or Figaro, the basse-baritone Welshman Bryn Terfel rose to a position of true star of the world opera, also interpreting the Wagnerian characters like Wotan, or Hans Sachs . "Giant in stature and personality, with a powerful voice, but flexible and expressive without any effort" (Independent), Terfel has the ability to surprise the audience even in the most revisited roles. Also a Welshman, conductor Gareth Jones regularly collaborates with Terfel. To mark the singer's 50th birthday, in 2015 he directed the opera Tosca at the Wales Millennium Center.

Gulbenkian Choir
Gulbenkian Orchestra
Gareth Jones Master
Bryn Terfel Low-Baritone

Arias and choirs of operas by Rossini, Wagner, Verdi, Puccini, Donizetti, Mussorgsky, among others

BARCELONA

Dates and tickets
6 April 2018 20:30 h
Concert Hall
Cycle:Palau Great Voices

Prices:from 30 to 150 €
Organized by:Fundació Orfeó Català-Palau de la Música
Ticket sales start on May 31, 2017.

Bryn Terfel, baritone
Cor Jove de l'Orfeó Català (Esteve Nabona, director)
Orquestra Gulbenkian Lisboa
Gareth Jones, director

Program
R. Wagner: “Wotan's Farewell" Die Walküre
M. Mussorgski: “Death of Boris" Boris Godonov

http://www.palaumusica.cat/en/programme_314?external=false&subset=promoted-season

http://www.palaumusica.cat/en/bryn-terfel-baritone_474541

TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interview tanslated by Google Translate:

Bryn Terfel: "Saying 'no' is the most difficult thing in the opera"

The acclaimed Welsh bass-baritone offers a lyrical concert at the Palau de la Música after a long absence from Barcelona.
Welsh bass-baritone Bryn Terfel returns to Barcelona this Friday after almost 20 years of absence with a concert at the Palau de la Música where he will review some of the most important roles of his career. The Gulbenkian Orchestra of Lisbo, and the voices of Orfeó Català and Cor Jove, directed by Gareth Jones, accompany him on his debut in the modernist auditorium.

The program includes from 'Mefistofele' passages to the most popular melody of 'The violinist on the roof'.
Did you make the selection?
Actually I have not had much choice. The promoters wanted tickets from Wagner and Mussorgsky, and when you sing something from 'The Valkyrie', everything else changes. Almost every concert this year has a lot of travel for my artistic memory, with arias of 'Falstaff' and 'Boris Godunov', without forgetting songs from my land and musical theater.

With this mini-tour also passes through Lisbon and Pamplona.
It is a way to travel and get closer to the south, an area that I know well, because for 12 years every August I spend with my family in Puerto de la Duquesa, between Gibraltar and Malaga. My children love it and I'm doing very well to rest.

To what extent is it important to disconnect in this increasingly accelerated world?
Opera singers have many acquired habits and we like to work. "No" is the hardest thing to say in this profession. Even if your agenda is full of commitments, nobody knows what will be around the corner. But it is dangerous not knowing how to stop.
How do you rate your evolution?
Now I am 52 years old and since 1989 I sang in the BBC Singers of the World contest, the route to follow has been meticulously planned by my agents. The decisions have been important and, fortunately, I have had the luck to act with directors like Claudio Abbado and Riccardo Muti in the best coliseums. It has been like a culinary experience in which you enjoy wine, food and service. And, if you're lucky, they invite you again.

What awaits you in the future? Will he take more risk or will he keep the already known repertoire?
I hope to experience both, to have a little bit of everything is the best. If you release a new production you usually re-interpret it when it's replenished. That happened to me in Zurich, where I went back to doing 'The Flying Dutchman' three years after releasing it. And that is a wonderful experience, because you know the production, the city, and you know what to expect. And this summer I return to Covent Garden with 'Falstaff'. Then they wait for me 'Tosca' and 'Boris Goudonov', all Productions.

He has a love for the subject 'If I were a rich man'. Has being rich been one of your goals?
I come from a family of farmers. My parents had cows and sheep. But it has never been my goal to become a rich man. Artistically, the most important thing is to get things that you can feel proud of. Although I admit that it is a 'bonus' when you are paid to do what you love. Since 1989 I have worked hard to be where I am.

https://www.elperiodico.com/es/ocio-y-cultura/20180405/entrevista-bryn-terfel-6736851
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Bryn is continuing his tour of Spain.

https://twitter.com/baluarte/status/984867288968024064
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: