FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ysgoloriaeth Urdd Gobaith Cymru Bryn Terfel 2017.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Ysgoloriaeth Urdd Gobaith Cymru Bryn Terfel 2017. Reply with quote

Google Translate:

Live on S4C, Saturday, 14th October from the Sony Theater, Bridgend, six talented young performers in Wales will compete for the Bryn Terfel Urdd Gobaith Cymru Scholarship 2017.

The six selected, chosen by a panel of judges following their performances at the Urdd National Eisteddfod of Bridgend, Taff and Ely this year are:

Daniel Calan Jones from Cardiff
Harry Lovell-Jones from Cardiff
John Ieuan Jones from Colwyn Bay
Megan Llŷn from Sarn, near Pwllheli
Sioned Llewelyn from Efailwen, near Clunderwen
Cedron Sion from Porthmadog

http://lleol.cymru/blog/chwech-yn-cystadlu-am-ysgoloriaeth-urdd-gobaith-cymru-bryn-terfel-2017.html

As well as the credit of winning the Scholarship associated with the world-famous baritone, the winner will also receive a £ 4,000 cash prize to develop their talent for the future. This year's award is sponsored by Trinity Saint David University. The goal of the award established in 1999 is to nurture the talent of some of Wales' best young performers and the Scholarship is much more than just a stage competition.

Since being selected in June, the six competitors have received advice and masterclasses from prominent performers including the opera singers Elin Manahan Thomas and Rhian Lois; the actor and theatrical director Aled Pedrick; Lauren Phillips, professional dancer and actress; the film trainer and producer of Meinir Siencyn television shows; and the equipment tutor struck Owen Gunnell.

Although Bryn Terfel can not attend the evening, he sent a message of support and word of advice to the candidates,

"I'm very pleased to see this Scholarship going from strength to strength, and seeing a high standard of talent performing again this year. Make sure you as competitors listen to expert advice but keep a personal and unique stamp on performance, and you're comfortable on the performance stage.

Remember to try to keep control of the nerves, turning them into an advantage rather than a disadvantage. And more importantly, remember to enjoy performing and giving your best. Go for it, here's your chance to shine! "

Criticizing, and having the difficult task of choosing a winner on the night, will be Delyth Mai, Eirlys Britten, Rakhi Sing, Sioned Terry and Cath Ayres.

Tickets for the Concert at the Sony Theater, Bridgend College are available for £ 10 from the Urdd website or by calling 0845 257 1639. The concert will be broadcast live on S4C on Saturday 14th October.

Daniel Calan Jones from Cardiff
Daniel, 16, is a pupil at Plasmawr Comprehensive School and is eager to attract more young people to clogging. "He said," Being involved in such a well-known competition is incredible. I feel a bit nervous that I'm the youngest in the competition but I really look forward to performing on the night! In terms of the future, I would like to learn and attract more young people to clogging and developing the craft to make it more 'cool'.

Harry Lovell-Jones from Cardiff
Originally from Cardiff, Harry is now studying Taro Instruments at the Royal Academy of Music in London and is keen to pursue a career with a professional orchestra and have the opportunity to perform a wide variety of music. He said, "I'm excited really to be part of the Bryn Terfel Scholarship. Putting a successful performance would give me a lot of confidence in the future and I know it will be an unforgettable experience! "

John Ieuan Jones from Colwyn Bay
Currently, Ieuan, originally from Colwyn Bay, is currently studying for a master's degree in Music at the Royal Northern College of Music and is keen to pursue a career as a performer. He said, "Being part of the Bryn Terfel Scholarship is an incredible feeling. After watching the competition every year, it's a surreal feeling I want to be part of this year. It's one of Wales's most popular competitions and I'm really excited to be part of it. "

Megan Llŷn from Sarn, near Pwllheli
Having studied an Acting course at Mountview Academy of Theater and Arts, Megan from Sarn near Pwllheli is now an actress. She said, "I am extremely grateful for being part of this year's Scholarship. This is the final year for me to compete with the Urdd so it's a perfect ending for all the years of competition. In the future, I hope to continue acting as much as possible - be it on television, on stage or on radio. "

Sioned Llewelyn from Efailwen, near Clunderwen
Sioned Llewelyn is originally from Efailwen near Clunderwen and graduated from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, she is now studying an MA course at the Royal Academy of Music in London. She is currently pursuing a career as a professional singer in mild operas and musical shows. She said, "I'm delighted that I had been chosen as one of the six competing for the Bryn Terfel Scholarship. It will be a huge boost to my career and I'm sure the experience will remain in mind for life. "

Cedron Sion from Porthmadog
Kidron from Porthmadog is about to study at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London and is passionate about pursuing a career as a professional actor. He said, "Being involved in the competition is a thrill. I feel extremely grateful and lucky to have the opportunity to be part of a remarkable competition such as this that gives young people with a passion in the arts an invaluable platform. "
TER1310
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedron Sion from Porthmadog wins Bryn Terfel Scholarship.An aspiring actor from Porthmadog, Gwynedd, has won the 2017 Bryn Terfel Scholarship.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-41626630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sltTWq4407A

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05hy57v/ysgoloriaeth-bryn-terfel-cystadleuaeth-fyw-2017
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: