FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Albert Hall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ter1408
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Royal Albert Hall Reply with quote

I rarely watch this annual programmeas being a Veteran myself (ex Army) it brings back too many bitter memories but I taped the performance this year as Bryn was singing...it was all Welsh of course this year and oh how glad I did.

That lads voice never ceases to amaze me, his diction, his breath control and his range is quite amazing. Thank you Bryn

Vera
Hold in your memory the smile of a friend
And hold in your heart a wish for tomorrow
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vera
I watched - I usually do if I can - but made a special effort of course this year. Not only does Bryn have such a glorious voice filling the Albert Hall, but what a gorgeous, friendly smile all the time! He really does enjoy his singing. I watched the Andrew Marr programme this morning too - just for that special five minutes at the end. Magic!!
Love
Gillian Laughing Laughing
Ter1408
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gillian

My only regret is that we did not see or hear more of Bryn and I do so agree, his acting is always superb.

I have a friend in America who is a great admirer and very knowledgable. about music and she agrees he is not only a wonderful singer but can act!

I dont know if this is quite "correct" to mention but I was very disappointed with Katherine Jenkins....she is SO beautiful but her hair was wrong and again, she did not sing enough!!!

Vera
Hold in your memory the smile of a friend
And hold in your heart a wish for tomorrow
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H Vera
Yes, I understand from many sources that Bryn is a superb actor. and is amazing (of course) in his operatic roles. He has an enchanting, heart melting speaking voice too. I was just listening to him (yet again!) on the BBC1 Breakfast programme. Sadly I have yet to see him perform in person - but have tickets for the Birmingham Concert on December 1st and am awaiting that with eager anticipation.
I agree with what you said about Katherine Jenkins, but I suppose her hairstyle was meant to refect the Vera Lynn, wartime type of hairstyle.Did you catch the glimpse of Vera in the audience?
Regards
Gillian Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Performances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: