FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Henley on Thames July 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marilyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Henley on Thames July 2006 Reply with quote

Well what a night. The weather was perfect and their was tremendous excitement in the air. The concert was to start at 8.45pm and as the lawn ticket seats are not allocated people were already taking their seats by 6.15pm all wanting to get the best possible seat for the concert. The time passed very quickly as there was a lot going on and the people watching was just great, interesting how they chose their seats. Then it was time and we could see Bryn approaching along the river path. The audience gave him a very warm welcome and we were off. Nothing could have prepared us for what we were about to hear. Just when you think it cannot get any better there he is proving your expectations wrong and singing even better than ever. He was on excellent form He started with Faust then Carmen leading us to Tosca and the Te Deum, well if I thought it was awesome and powerful at Covent Garden , my thoughts were completely blown away as this was the best I had ever heard , the orchestra were fantastic as were the Serendipity Singers. Now I am left to enjoy the rest of the concert reduced to jelly as I listened to Rodgers and Hammerstein, Danny Boy, Shenandoah and finally Gershwin. I only wish that the concert had been recorded so that all Bryn's fans could have the pleasure that we had all experienced by being at the concert.

Marilyn.
TER1357
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the fab review!! Sure hope he sings a similar concert at Coventry in Sept.!! Dare we hope for it at Faenol???
Libby Razz
rueroops
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a great evening!! Like you, Libby, I hope the 30th Sept Concert at the Warwick Arts Centre will be similar!! Can hardly wait for Faenol - and that!
Gillian Laughing Laughing
Ter1408
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I KNOW its a deadly sin...but.....I am so JEALOUS of you people who have seen and heard Bryn LIVE but I still read, avidly, your accounts, so keep em coming!
Vera
Hold in your memory the smile of a friend
And hold in your heart a wish for tomorrow
BrynFlynn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vera - you and I are the big sinners of this outfit. I'm jealous, too.

Lizzie
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Henley Reply with quote

Marilyn,

Thanks so much for that wonderful review. ...a wonderful experience hearing all those beautiful songs. I am indeed jealous along with the rest of you!

Phyllis Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> Performances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: