FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tickets for ROH Covent Garden 2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marilyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Tickets for ROH Covent Garden 2007 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

The Royal Opera House have offered the clwb an allocation for Gianni Schicchi in April 2007 date yet to be confirmed of 20 tickets. The same for the Full Ring in October 2007 but all tickets have to be for the three performances not individual performances. This will be in October next year and again I cannot confirm the date. If you are interested in putting your name on either list please email me, if requests exceed the 20 allocation names will be put in a hat, to keep things as fair as possible. With regards to the Ring Cycle on request I would need to know how much you are prepared to pay and full payment would have to be made by the end of October 2006 as the Clwb funds will not run to such expensive ticket purchases. Youa re probably looking at 320 and the next price nearly 800 for the 3 performances.

Hwyl Fawr

Marilyn

Last edited by marilyn on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrynFlynn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh...Gianni Schicchi sounds like so much fun! But we're using all the flier miles to make it to Vienna for Don Giovanni! Very Happy Sure hope some Terfeliaids can make it and give us all the great reports!
Lizzie
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Ring Cycle tickets Reply with quote

Smile Hi Marilyn, Could you please put me on the list for Ring Cycle tickets, if they are for Cycle 3. [the only one with both Bryn and Placido Domingo in Die Walkurie] I missed Das Rheingold 1st time around, and only saw the TV broadcast. I saw Die Walkurie, but not with Domingo, and of course Bryn didn't do Siegfried last year. I want to see all 3 in the full cycle, but can't make any valid argument for watching Gotterdammerung again with the same cast, [but without Bryn, because of course Wotan does not feature in G'D.] However, these full cycle bookings include all 4. The 320 tickets are the top price Amphitheatre tickets, but there are fewer of these than the next price down, which are 240. As a friend of ROH, I have been sent a booking form, but these are only for the 2 prices you mentioned, top price Amphitheatre and top price Balcony tickets. If the only choice is all 4 at 320, I may take a chance and wait for February and see if I can get just the three, or go for the lower price and try to sell the Gotterdammerung ticket. I'll be retired by then, and will need to cut back a bit on my concert and opera spending. It's a tough decision for anyone who's interested, because it is an awful lot of money to lay out. Cheers, Pat J. ps. Nice to see the website back in action.
marilyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Tickets for the Ring Cycle Reply with quote

Hi

I am afraid I cannot guartantee which of the cycles are allocation would be for.

Marilyn
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Ring Cycle tickets Reply with quote

Surprised Dear Marilyn, re: Ring Cycle bookings, could you let members know that the dates run from Oct 2nd to Nov 2nd across all cycles and that in each separate cycle the individual performances run at least 2 days apart, none of them are consecutive, so that means more expense if they have to stay in London throughout. Cheers Pat J
Stokie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: ROH tickets Reply with quote

Exclamation ps I've decided to go with friends online booking [which opened today]at a lower price band and can resell the Gotterdammerung ticket in April 07. Hope to see some terfeliaid members there. Cheers, Pat J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: