FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All quiet on the German front?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElaineM
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: All quiet on the German front? Reply with quote

Ok, we are all excited about Sweeney, but who´s going to Munich tomorrow? Hamburg? Where are the German Terfelites? Razz

Last edited by ElaineM on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
gregchris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

it is not so quiet on the German front as it seems!!! Here we are!

My husband and I are going to the Dresden Open Air Concert in front of the famous restored church of Frauenkirche.

As everyone can imagine we are very excited and are looking forward to this very special event!!!

After beeing in Vienna for Don Giovanni and Falstaff in January/February, we are so very happy having another chance to see Bryn live on stage.

A review will follow the event.

Best wishes to all

Christiane
marilyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Dresden Reply with quote

Hi

My Mum and I are going to Dresden, maybe we will see you there. Would you write a review for the newsletter. My mobile is 004407834 604437.

Best Wishes

Marilyn
Ricarda
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
we were at the Munich concert on Sunday which I had been looking forward to for months. Bryn was so stunning and overwhelming that I am still in a kind of trance - but be prepared to see him share the stage with a bad orchestra and a terrible soprano. He would really deserve better musical company.
He started energetically with Figaro and continued with a quiet and beautiful "Io ti lascio", next came Falstaff and Escamillo, followed by the impressing monologue of the Flying Dutchman (my personal higlight), and the concert ended with a song and a duet from Porgy and Bess. Bryn's encore was a Welsh song announced in Welsh.
It was a pity that the enthusiasm of the audience could not be what it usually is in Bryn's solo recitals (which have become so rare here in Germany) and that the atmosphere was almost destroyed by Barbara Krieger's performance, which (and this is not her fault) is just not on the level of the world's best baritone.
Nevertheless, enjoy Dresden with Bryn at his very best!
Sibylle
ElaineM
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregchris wrote:
Hello everybody,

it is not so quiet on the German front as it seems!!! Here we are!

My husband and I are going to the Dresden Open Air Concert in front of the famous restored church of Frauenkirche.

As everyone can imagine we are very excited and are looking forward to this very special event!!!

Hello! Looking forward to hearing your report Very Happy
Hope you have a great time...Looks like a very special concert indeed, and such a beautiful location!

Ricarda wrote:
Hi,
we were at the Munich concert on Sunday which I had been looking forward to for months. Bryn was so stunning and overwhelming that I am still in a kind of trance - but be prepared to see him share the stage with a bad orchestra and a terrible soprano. He would really deserve better musical company.
He started energetically with Figaro and continued with a quiet and beautiful "Io ti lascio", next came Falstaff and Escamillo, followed by the impressing monologue of the Flying Dutchman (my personal higlight),

Hi Sibylle! I was there too...didn't think she was so terrible! Laughing
Ok, maybe because I didn't really care - as the nice lady sitting next to me* said, the Dutchman alone would have been worth the price of the ticket! Not that the rest was bad...

*I realized I don't know her name but she reads this website - so if you're reading this...hi!!!

I'll write a review but in the meantime I thought I'd post this pic I took at the end of the concert! Sorry about the quality, it's the best I could do with all those lights and without using the flash Very Happy

TER1291
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture. It's much better than one usually gets at a concert!
Ter1301
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ornella, it is a good piccy. You must have had a really good seat!

Irene
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Bryn in Munich Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Ornella, for the picture. I love it! It is a great picture!

Phyllis Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: