FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent article...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Recent article... Reply with quote

I was searching on the internet about the Tower of London concert. I don't remember reading this article recently. Maybe the rest of you have..

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20070525/ai_n19186402

I love what Bryn says about reading the Harry Potter books along with his sons.

Phyllis Smile
ElaineM
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Phyllis for posting this!!!!!!!!!

I loved reading it and even more so because it's Harry Potter he's talking about...I am a huge fan of the series too (what a coincidence, uh? I like the same books Bryn likes...and only a few other zillions of people Laughing )

My usual "nickname" on the internet is "Snapefan" and has been for years...(for those who are not familiar with the books, Snape is a character from the series); I used ElaineM when I registered here because I thought I wouldn't use my real name but at least I'd choose a female name...but there was no point because I use the name anyway and I can't manage to change the login back to Snapefan Very Happy

6 days to go...to the next - and last - HP book
I'm counting the days but I don't want to read it because I don't want it to end!!!!
I'll be soooooo sand when I finish it Crying or Very sad
And so angry if it doesn't end in a way I like Twisted Evil but I trust her...

I'd rather not read it since I doesn't want to finish them but I am too scared to know what happens from somewhere else if I don't...I'd hate if that happened Confused
TER1291
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be sad when the series ends. I've read the series 3 times and have of course seen the movies countless times. I've heard that 60% of those who will read the book say they will turn to the last few pages to find out what happens before reading the book! I'm such a fan that having pre-ordered it from Amazon and then discovering it would be delivered on the first day of my vacation when I'm traveling, I redirected it to my destination so it will be there when I arrive. And no way will I read the last pages first!!
TER1272

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the last Harry Potter book came out a couple of years ago, our local Asda store opened at midnight so that the book was on sale as early as possible. Bob and I queued along with loads of other people (mostly middle-aged surprisingly!) and my till receipt for the book is timed at one minute past midnight! I am hoping that Asda will be repeating the process next Saturday.

Vron
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter books Reply with quote

Hi, Vron,

I hope that you get the book at the same time that you did the last book.
The book stores do that here in the U.S. also.

Phyllis Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: