FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 SubscriptionSubscription  TransactionsTransactions  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music and the Spoken Word

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TER1280
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Music and the Spoken Word Reply with quote

Hi, Everyone,

I just relived a beautiful experience that I had back in Salt Lake City in May. Every Sunday morning the Mormon Church's one-half hour program, "Music and the Spoken Word" is presented on the Hallmark Channel here in the U.S. This morning the program was Bryn and the Mormon Choir singing excerpts from Mendelssohn's "Elijah" .. Several of us were there on that Sunday morning, May 13, and watched the program being televised. Among the songs from "Elijah" on the program were the Choir singing "Cast Thy Burden Upon the Lord" and Bryn singing very poignantly the two arias.."Lord God of Abraham" and "It Is Enough" . Hearing the Mormon Choir and Bryn sing "Elijah" is one of the highlights of my musical experience and also spiritual experience. At the end of the half-hour program, Music and the Spoken Word, the men in the choir sang "Myfanwy" (Beloved Country) for Bryn. It certainly brought a tear to my eye!

Phyllis Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Terfeliaid Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: